[ language, patterns, signs ]

RADIO FOR YOUNG LINGUISTS:
Lingua Franca, presented by Jill Kitson, looks at all aspects of language. Old languages, modern languages and even invented languages. Through interviews and prepared talks, experts analyse a single topic of interest to users and lovers of language traversing such linguistic territory as bi-lingual education, ebonics, the language of pornography, and the political use of words.
[ illustration: the Czech version of Lorm's alphabet, a sign-language used by deafblind people- the picture bears no relevance to the text above.]
POSTSCRIPT:
Please check out Fuko Ueda's website for more of the artwork from tuesday's post. -X







4 Comments:
The Fu-ko site seems to be down. DAMN! Please, by all means, alert us of any other leads. I'm having little luck.
The Fu-ko site seems to be down. DAMN! Please, by all means, alert us of any other leads. I'm having little luck.
Dear Anonymous Pepe, I'm sorry it seems to me like the artist might've disliked my link to their page, and getting so pissed they terminated the page...
At least that's what I imagine is the most likely explanation why a webpage I've been visiting for 2 years now suddenly vanishes into thin air just some days after my post about it...I'm frightfully sorry old chap, but it seems like there's nothing we can do here-
This was the only webpage shocasing their art AFAIK, and to my knowledge no english sites excist with any more info on him/her...
So a bit of a letdown, you might say...
:(
sigh-
:(
Sorry about the double post.
My flatmate found some more here if anyone should ask. He also speculates that, having found in the course of his searches quite a number of recent blog-links, that the site had grossly exceeded bandwidth allowance.
Post a Comment
<< Home