Electric_dreams: [ today's subliminal message is...]

Friday, May 06, 2005

[ today's subliminal message is...]


: Infinite possibilities.

5 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

played my clarinet twice already this morning...beams proudly :)

6:59 pm  
Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

How bizarre: that's the very same 'Learn the clarinet' book I had when I was a child. Still got it round the house somewhere...

Oh, and thanks for the book quiz throw-down, but I'd already got nabbed by John Effay!

10:54 pm  
Blogger the X said...

-Heh, no worries...!

-Strange, my friend C., who's a professional clarinetist, told me about this theory of hers which is that all clarinetists are completely mental, at least slightly...
And then told us these unbelieveable stories of eccentric clarinetist-behaviour, which were supposed to "support" this theory...
Entertaining it was, at least...!
(-Don't know if they are suitable for print, though!)

7:40 pm  
Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

Clarinet-players are mental...I have no doubt whatsoever about that! I 'Played' in a band with one for two years...

Finally found my own copy of that book...it had fallen down the back of a bookcase (along with many other things)...so am posting a piccy...thanks for reminding me that I owned this book and had once, er, played the clarinet for a couple of years...I must've subconsciously given up because I knew that it would eventually lead to madness :-)

10:23 pm  
Blogger the X said...

-Good on ya! Better get away before it's too late...
According to C., her first beloved clarinet teacher threw himself in front of a tube train in a final fit of madness and desperation, the blood'n'gut-smeared mayhem which ensued made the driver (and probably everyone watching from the platform) scarred for life...
The second teacher got a psychotic episode after overusing mushrooms and ran off to Japan, convinced he was possessed by the soul of Burroughs or a wicked african demon or something...He used to write her postcards...
(-Those clarinets are scary, I tell ya!:-(

1:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.