Electric_dreams: [ together, to the stars ]

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

[ together, to the stars ]


THE X SEZ:
Give me five keywords, a theme and I'll write you a story...Go on!

SPECIAL YULETIME OFFER: The finished result will be provided as a limited edition, hand-xeroxed fanzine for those of you who prefer the hands-on variant with REAL paper and blue Biro "artwerk" doodles by yours truly...
(Totally free of charge, yet postal costs might need to be shared for practical- read: economic- reasons)

Although occasional cross-pollination of characters or plot might occur, the two editions, blog and fanzine, will run as independent (but parallel) universes with no official twin-status.
Which universe you choose, is up to you.
- OK, then...enough of the talking...Let's get started!

33 Comments:

Blogger Molly Bloom said...

I would like the theme of 'dangerous subversive stuff' and the key words are:

green, stone, note, piano, water

9:40 pm  
Blogger Martin said...

THEME - Breakdown

KEYWORDS - Mollusc; turmeric; spiteful; hazy; coastguard

1:11 pm  
Blogger doppelganger said...

Theme: deep

Keywords: fecund, doll, simian, vapour,frantic

10:12 pm  
Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

Wow...

I'm in awe.

11:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THEME: Lamphead.

KEYWORDS: Blood, Insatiable, Wrench, Curdle, Hollow.

3:24 pm  
Blogger the X said...

brilliant, i'm on the case... !!

Kek, what's your keywords, then? :/

(BTW, what's this "switching to beta" trend all about? is it safe to stay with the old version, or are we forced to upgrade it? ...anyone?
i feel a bit skeptic re: the change...)

9:54 pm  
Blogger doppelganger said...

With you there - I'm sticking on alpha

Big 'advantage' of beta is that you can tag your posts and file them under themes... which I'm sure we'd both find really... ahem.... useful...

11:55 pm  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

People I know who've swapped have all kinds of problems with it - like not being able to post things they want to, losing their ability to comment, not being able to join team blogs etc. I'm holding out until the teething probs are ironed out.

2:33 pm  
Blogger Loki said...

Theme: Employing Ocelots to do the work no immigrant will

Key Words: Tundra, Husk, Cheerleader, Ketamine, Staple-gun

8:41 pm  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

bane.
responsibilites.
cornflakes.
retard.
campaign.

a dark lust between a muslim and a christian

6:36 pm  
Blogger the X said...

i do detect a certain cheeky/sleazy interpretation of your keyword-selection Dopp, however as you might know already:
i don't "do" Dirty on this blog...preferring subtle hints and metaphors, or njet-ing/skipping over such passages completely...

there's too much explicit-ness in the world now anyway, i don't like the in-your-face/narcissist-hedonist thing...in fact i loathe it

not condoning or giving my endorsement to people who want to cover us up in sheets or anything, but i do think we need a reinstatement of some sort of coyness or moderation- at least sometimes-
where is the sense of wonder and discovery and excitement if everything is thrown at you, in your face, all the time?

complete naivism/innocence is probably a trap too, but it's that childlike sense of wonder i'm trying to evoke...or, remember my way back to...

i'm sorry if this devalues what i write in the eyes of most people, but i've decided to stick with it...

(nah- the *real* reason why i self-censor/tidy up things a bit is that i was stupid enough to give this URL to one of my parents, can't write anything intimate without imagining them peering disapprovingly over my shoulder...)

10:02 pm  
Blogger doppelganger said...

Cheeky?! sleazy!?

I resent your implication! ;-)

As you know, I am untainted by titillation, unsoiled by the sordid.

I was going to put 'ample', but thought better of it, 'lest folk who had already missed the ironic subtext and subtle social commentary of my recent Batgirl posts, drew the wrong conclusions.

What's wrong with 'fecund'? It's a fantastic word. In fact, I like 'fecundicity' but thought it looked pretentious (how lengthy were my deliberations I tell you..)
.Fecundicity is a factor in Bentham's Hedonic Calculator and you can't asked for better recommendation than being a key component in world happiness can you?

Anyway - I'm glad I won, I'm very competitive with these things. Mind you, look at the competition.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the story... i guess the fecund simians will be along next chapter?

10:03 pm  
Blogger doppelganger said...

Actually, if you head over to the first ever post on my blog......

10:41 pm  
Blogger the X said...

lol, don't take me too seriously, dopp-
i have the habit of ingesting/drinking weird substances late at night (ok, just coffee or cocoa then, nothing shockingly bohemian- now that cigarettes are banned it feels weirdly marginal to indulge in anything stronger than herbs an' teatime biscuits),
then write massive and incoherent rants against everything and everyone... (never able to understand anything of it the following morning, or remember what i was on about...)
bit silly to complain about the "decadence" when being part of it meself...lol

9:28 pm  
Blogger the X said...

(BTW, noone "won"- i'm going to write ALL of those stories commissioned by ze various bloggers...
!!!
watch this space and weep! ;) X

9:30 pm  
Blogger doppelganger said...

Goddam!
It's the Dodo - bird!

Don't know if you remember him from alas through the looking glass? He announces at the croquet that 'everyone has won and all shall have prizes!'

Mind you, at your rate of posting, it will take a while for the prizes to come through won't it?


;-)

11:29 pm  
Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

Hey X - just had a fever-tinged dream in which you emailed me a strange text; the only bit I can remember is where you described yourself as "a goat gentile"...

That's Gentile, as in non-Jewish...

"Goat Gentile" seems such an almost-oxymoron: Pan/paganism meets mainstream christianity...animal meets human...I'll try and do a Ice Bird Spiral track using that phrase, as it is dream-given...

3:16 pm  
Blogger the X said...

"Pan/paganism meets mainstream christianity"-

wow, that's eerie indeed... !!!
was just preparing a text in which i talk about how i became anti-magic, since i've ultimately decided that it's mostly evil forces you're tapping into when you're dabbling in spells etc. which seems to be the fashion of the day-
therefore i think stuff such as the lefthand ppath etc. is/feels a bit wrong! at least for me...
i may have my dark moments and resent new age fluffiness, but at the end of the day i'm a "kindness and Light" person and more drawn to the "peace and wholeness" philosophers, early non-dogmatic gnostics and buddhism etc. than the tiresome "ooh look at me, i'm the centre of the world" narcissistic folk...
i consider myself a quasi-buddhist semi-pagan/pantheist with xtian gnostic and sufi leanings...

so yeah, your dream was very accurate!
...which is cool.

"I'm trying to do a track about it"-
...great, i'm honoured!!

6:00 pm  
Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

"...a quasi-buddhist semi-pagan/pantheist with xtian gnostic and sufi leanings..."

I can dig that.

I always descibe my own spiritual/philosophical mix as: "Buddhism for the great mysto vibes, Existentialism for the great writing, and Judaism for the great food and the great jokes..."

There's no reason why spiritualism shouldn't be mix n match; we're 3-dimensional multifaceted creatures whose intellects and tastes constantly mutate; why should we remain glued to any static dogma.

Well, I think "Goat Gentile" will make a great title for one of our psych-noise freak-outs or a meditative drop-in...

9:15 pm  
Blogger the X said...

- The task is nearly complete!
- So...do people fancy cardboard, silk-screened or bubbleplastic covers?
i can make some wicked patterns in wood with the etching machine...probably be massive postage costs because of the weight, though...
i'd rather make a poster for the first issue, then keep the covers minimal-

i have enough old studio recordings to make "special soundtrack" CD-R's for each issue aswell...
let me know if that's something you want, or i won't bother...

lots of love-
X

9:38 pm  
Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

Wow, this sounds totally fabulous: I'd love to see this......email me how much it costs plus postage (when you figure it out) and I'll paypal you for a copy, if that's okay....

If you're up for doing a CD-r too (is this stuff you've recorded yrself?), then go for it, but don't let me push you into giving up valuable time....

What's an etching machine....?

11:39 pm  
Blogger the X said...

...yep, sure- will let you know as soon as they're ready to order...!!

(though as the hopeless perfectionist i am, it'll probably take a tiny bit more time just to get everything in that tip top, super super great shape...i want to evoke an almost sensual- or at least multi-sensory- experience...
and make the most of a shoestring budget, without compromising the content...i.e. give you as much as possible, for as little as possible! )

(yeah, i've been in so many D.I.Y. music projects over the years, it would be great to share some of it with the readers- would be especially fun to select tracks to fit different moods in the texts available...although i kind of feel i should do even more with it, release a "music special" or a numbered series of CD'R or cassette with every issue...will have to look into the various possibilities, not to mention the most economically realistic/viable option- as i mentioned, i have next to no money, so anything goes but only as long as i can afford it production-wise...)

8:18 pm  
Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

Cool!

Hmmm, yeah...I'm thinking of setting up a micro-record-label of sorts, maybe later this year...prob. starting w/ an archival cassette release (tho' I'm not sure where/when I'm gonna find the time, still....)

Have you got access to a tape-recorder? I'm thinking it might be cool to maybe use you on the Ice Bird Spiral thing we're doing, if you were up for it....just a thought: if I sent you a v. short text piece some time would you be up for doing a spoken-word recital (maybe half in English/half in Norwegian?) that we then weave into one of our tracks...? (I'm interested in using different people's voices on our trax...tho not singing, but as textural stuff...would be cool to use some of the bloggers for this, maybe...)

Anway, just a thought...if you're up for it later in the year; I'll sort something out...if not, no probs...

1:01 am  
Blogger the X said...

sure, absolutely... (hang on, was that a "riding horseman on a horse", "butter on fat"-type comment? i mean, linguistically- to cluster together two or more words who more or less mean the same thing anyway... surplus hyperbole)

yeah, i'm up for whatever exchange, collaboration or whatever you'd come up with... let's bring thoughtforms into the world!

b-but...let's lift this discussion out of the comments boxes and continue it elsewhere- f*ck knows there's too many leeching vultures out there, who'd like nothing better than to subvert our subversions back again into the commodity $-machine...
(the interweb is great, but it's easier than ever for them to eat our souls)

7:17 pm  
Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

For sure, will email you about this at some point...bear with me as I'm up to my neck in work at the moment (as I'm sure you are too)...I'm a bit slow, but I get there in the end...

"a "riding horseman on a horse" type comment...?" Are you familiar with the English word 'tautology' meaning "needless repetition of an idea, statement, etc"...hell I do it all the time... :-)

11:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am an amature astronomer and your site is the first one I have ever visited that I will definitely go to again and again. I am not certain how to leave my five words but they are Kimbles Cascade, herbs, color theory, praise, gratitude and oh yes, Love. Tell me how I might add your blog to my world, if that would be OK with you? Thank you for being YOU. Mellie
p.s. I know that is six words...everything has to do with love, ultimately.

9:01 am  
Blogger the X said...

Aw... That was nice, always a pleasure to greet new blogsters on arrival with canapées and fizzy drinks and stuff

Yeah, if you have a blog it's just to put a link to me in your sidebar bloglist-thingy...

I'm afraid I haven't exactly been a frequent updater on this ting, so little time... But just wait and it'll wobble and burp and grow again...

So how did you find me, then? Always interesting to know, strange how these virtual corners always seem to connect and cross over in very surprising ways- Rhizome innit

"I am an amateur astronomer"- Really? Stargazing is wicked, more people should have the opportunity to do that, i think- Sad how our megalopolis' neon lights tend to make the stars fade from view...
Spent a summer in the wilderness some years ago, the stars at night were just *massive*... Proper shiny constellations, man (and made flashbacks of an immortal radio/book series featuring stories of myths linked to stars, memorising names)

Sorry what's "Kimbles Cascade"? I'm a non-english speaker, so we foreignums don't know all these things...

Do check in again!
Perhaps I'll even update one day... ! wooh wooh

x

4:57 pm  
Blogger Helen said...

I miss your blog lil' light lady. When's it coming back?
x H
PS. It's so good to be back in the Way of Nor.

7:45 pm  
Blogger the X said...

(Yeah... Well as soon as I'm able to get out of this hellhole and find a decent place with an internet connection, that's when! LOL)

Yeah it's good to have you back in these woods! Welcome back sis!
... Sad it ain't *my* part of the woods, but- Call me before you breeze off to elsewhere, yeah?
I'd be well gutted if you left before we could catch up...*extend* our earlier conversation-loop into moebius territory.
(i very sincerely hope you're not as broke as i am though, given the astronomical local brew prices)

Talk soon? Hope all is well.

velkommen inn med åpent sinn xx

8:33 pm  
Blogger doppelganger said...

More than a year between posts?

Heh.... we shoudda marked it somehow....


;-)

12:12 am  
Blogger the X said...

aw, yeah- happy yuletime to you, mr. 'ganger... i feel the new year is going to bring great changes and more hope than the previous nightmare disaster-a-thon... to the starscope!
lets watch the stars and wait for the sunlight to return...
multipls "skål!"'s to all readers, friends and associates out there...
lets make the new year a happy one...
*waves*
x

4:08 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

ok, here it goes; i stumbled upon your page while i was looking for possible meanings of dreams because i need to write a scenario & am inspired by my dreams.
unfortunately,the deadline for this scenario is 3 march (2008 that is).
i'm looking everywhere&observing everything around me&reading anything that could possibly give me some inspiration.
but i'm kinda stuck.
can you help me?

6:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what an awesome blog you have. i love the title

4:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.